The Start of a New Season.

 My birthday was on Thursday. It’s pretty neat to have been born on the 12th day of Christmas, though I’ve never gotten twelve drummers for my a gift! This past year has been extremely rough physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. A lot of it has been a work of perseverance, with failures and successes along the way. I have lost dear friends, and gained new ones. But I started to see the leaves turning around late October or so, and on my birthday, I awoke and opened my Bible app to read this:

“Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you.”

Isaiah‬ ‭60:1‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Now, I have a degree in theology and biblical studies. I understand that the context is a prophecy to ancient Israel, and that we in the modern church must glean the general truth. My Father is not a fortune cookie. I know. But my Father loves me, and he Immanuel has been with me through this past season. And I take this Word as truth. The season is changing, this year will be one of hope and great joy.

Thank you for reading my State of The Mardigan Address. I hope it blesses you as well. Battle reports and more figures incoming, probably with much better pictures, as I received a natural light desk lamp (with a magnifying glass!) for my birthday.

Comments

Post a Comment