Paint, Projects, and Podcasts!

An English soldier painted up. I’ve got two boxes of these Perry HYW English, and I’m slowly building them individually. I’ve got an archer with longbow built up too. Technically, this is an archer who is wielding a sword, but I don’t care. He looks cool!

Another 17th century pikeman painted up! I just need to make his pike out my wire. These are all quite dashing little fellows.


My witch is finished. I tried to go for a very fairytale feel with a juxtaposition between the muted tones of the witch and the picture perfect bright red apple. Dancing images in my head of Snow White and stories of the Baba Yaga guided my hand.

Finally, I tried out a battle on my new mini-battle mat today. Had to use a a book and a laptop to keep it flat, it doesn’t want to quite flatten all the way! I think it’s great and will have many uses, though; and if all else fails it’s essentially a mouse-pad with a map design on it.

More battles to come soon. I’m currently working on a project I’ve been at for about 3 years now, more on that later hopefully. 

Also, I found a great YouTube channel/podcast called The Old Warlock. The link is to their website. It’s a father and son duo who talk about Dungeons and Dragons. Good Dungeons and Dragons, in my opinion; from back when some of us still got made fun of for it and it wasn’t a pop culture icon. Best of all, they are clean! No swearing or explicit content, so I can listen with little ears around.

Comments

  1. Looking good. Try flipping the mat over and then putting some weight on it, like stacks of books, and leaving it overnight. That should help flatten it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The battle map looks good - a nice little skirmish was getting under way there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment