15mm Painting Log

I’ve got some fun pictures to post finally! First off, I’ve finally painted up some terrain my brother-in-law 3D printed for me.

This house has a wooden roof, I did my best to make it look weathered like the stone. My hedge knight and his mule are present for scale.

A side by side of the unpainted and painted buildings.

The sister building has only one door and a thatched roof. I am hoping that in later battle reports the glory of that thatched roof shows a little more. Multiple shades and lots of dry brushing went into that roof, and in person it looks great.

I was also able to paint up a fallen tree! I love random obstructions for my battlefields, and this one is versatile.

The second command unit is now complete as well! I’ve gone with a field of blue to oppose the field of red on the other command unit, to continue that age-old rivalry of Red vs Blue. Another note on this stand is that the banner man is a household retainer, as opposed to the other stand which found a knight bearing the colors.

Another angle of the blue commander, whose coat of arms reminds me of a night sky on a cool summer evening.

I fell in love with these Crusades-era Frankish Bowmen, and while they fall a little on the “early” side of my desired time period, I couldn’t resist.

I painted them up with all figures matching the others on their respective stands. The black base coat looked so good on their aketon/gambeson, that I couldn’t resist leaving them as such for one of the stands. This also means that I could, arguably, split the unit in two, if needed.

Finally, mounted armored sergeants with lance. These fellows are not based yet, as I ran out of bases! More are on their way now, however. With the addition of these lads, I’ll have two separate mounted units; the idea being that I can give one side dismounted knights and mounted sergeants, and the other mounted knights and dismounted sergeants (or bill men). For balancing, if it’s a balanced game. They’ll fight as Medium horse in Chainmail.

In the world of rules, I got a free supplement for Chainmail titled “Hauberk”—I love the play on words of putting them together. It’s just a booklet of additional rules put together by a fan, but one of them makes it easier to play with a smaller amount of figures. Sometimes my stands of 4 are a bit small, considering that the rules have stipulations if a fight is less than 20 figures per side, so I’m going to test them out and see if they play out better for smaller battles. Cover image is above.

Sorry if there’s not a lot of words for each picture, there’s a lot of pictures and I was a long week. All I’ve got left to paint from my order is peasants, and then it’s just terrain, which is almost halfway done. Hopefully a battle report soon! 

Comments

  1. Looking good, I'm looking forward to seeing them in action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the buildings and those are some really nice figures too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kid makes me some pretty great stuff with that printer! Thanks for the kind words! The black hat figures all seem to be great sculpts. Being honest, the mounted sergeants and their horses didn’t look as amazing as the others out of the box, but once they were base coated, their details started to show a lot more. I’m really happy with my order from Scale Creep!

      Delete

Post a Comment