But First, Hobby!

 Hi friends! I haven’t had much time for blogging, or much motivation. But first, Hobby Stuff!

Here’s a battle between my Hundred Kingdoms army and my buddy’s new Nord army in Conquest. My line of militia supported by some foot knights, against his Valkyrie, Huscarls, and Giant. He is a much better painter than me (in fact, everyone at the local game shop is), so it’s a treat to play and see the other minis on the table.

My army in its waterproof travel container.

On display, along with some objective tokens. I had to paint up all these figures for a games day at the shop, so that I had enough miniatures to partake in the largest battle. I also learned how to bad my figures nicely (finally!)!


Some pictures of my knights and my small unit of militia bows in that aforementioned large battle, against Dweghom (the dwarves of the setting).

Finally, some Orcs of Mordor that I am working on tonight. I’m very excited to use them for Middle Earth games as well as Frostgrave.

I haven’t posted much as:

1. We didn’t get to move into our house as planned. The previous owners left a horrendous flea infestation that we have worked for 2 months to clear out. They are finally under control, and we were able to move in last week.

2. Our new house has no internet service and there appears to be a bubble around the town that prevents cell service. It’s straight out of Stranger Things, haha!

3. We left a lot of family and friends when we moved here, and that is hard. I’ve moved a lot in my life, but that is something that is never easy. Combined with a very stressful time dealing with work and coworker turnover, I’ve had very little energy for anything that isn’t right in front of me.

I’m hoping things will even out soon, and I still plan on updating my MinceHeim rules, and finishing up artwork on a couple other projects. But for now, it’s still off and on, focused on the family and the house. I miss you all, and I still read when I have time (and wifi) even if I don’t get to the comment section.

Comments

  1. A fine looking army. Looking forward to you getting more time and motivation for hobby stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a time you have been having, lots to deal with and cause stress. Hopefully these situations will turn the the corner for you and yours soon. Your army looks great and I think it is a terrific effort to have got it all painted with such a lot going on in your life. Enjoy it, you have invested time , talent and energy in it and it will fight better for you as a result!
    Thanks for the update on all that has been happening and l look forward to you post again soon
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking Army! The mounted figures are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand what it's like; my own hobby journey has slowed to a crawl. I still look forward to seeing what you're up to ... and am considering LOTR-type games myself, so you're providing inspiration too! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment