Big Week for Hobbies

This last week has seen a lot of hobby action on every level. I’ve started working on a set of rules for 11th century Norman battles, picked up a set of rules for the same (in the hopes of getting the hobby shop lads to play the era, with the lure of a “real” game), amalgamated a solo-rpg game for my own personal use, and worked on some miniatures (including some for my knight-bashing-labor-of-love Frogmouth).

A view of my cozy space I’ve been able to set up for the Hobby.

The beginning of the week, working on all these. They are all completed and put in their appropriate spots in my minis organizer. I forgot to get a finished photo!

I picked up this knight song with a couple of others from Noble Knight, and i think it’s such a dynamic pose even for the fact that he’s just standing there. 

Here he is on his base. I’ve been looking for knights that fit the aesthetic of Frogmouth for months, and I think he’ll look grand alongside my first knight that inspired me to start writing the rules.

Front and back of him all painted up, I went with a subtle red/black color scheme as a counter to the green/white of my other knight. I’m the background is a “lackey” of the third knight I’m working on, pictured below.

The third knight (center) for Frogmouth is a bit morbid, and I may just scrap him, but I had the horse head bit left over and it fits into the setting of the game. If he looked a bit more cartoonish I think it would be better. But I can’t sculpt that well!

Picked up Outremer for a very good price along with my knights, and I’m hoping to get a group going with it at the game shop—we’ll see!

In preparation of trying out Outremer with my oldest, and because my tastes have shifted slightly, I am working on rebasing some of my 15’s off of stands and onto individual bases. These 1st corps Frankish archers have a bit of heft to them, so they fit quite nicely on their new homes.

The air has some static, so the grass is sticking to the sides of the bases, I’ll get them cleaned up later.

In other news, I’ve all but completed MinceHeim 2nd edition (I can’t resist the fancy titling). I’ve also got a good few things added on that I’m working on.

Comments

  1. Wow! Very productive! Looking forward to seeing more on all of these projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see that you're getting some hobby time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment