Evening Antics

One of the games I set up on my ottoman the other night. 4 warbands, all attempting to gather loot from the broken down wagon in the center of the table. In the northwest corner are the Creepy Woods, southwest is the Abandoned Farm, whereas the eastern side has the North Alley and South Alley.

The first warband is the freelance and his company. Sometimes known as Rob Ritter, he is followed by Stan the Crossbowman, and his yet nameless henchman.

Next are the friar and his bodyguard, coming to gather a holy relic suspected to be among the wreckage.

Sir Bernard and his retinue of a pavisier and an axe man.

Captain Briarheart “the Unworthy” and his infantrymen, seeking to reclaim lost glory. 

Some of the photos are a bit bright due to poor lighting and my phone’s flash. Sorry about that.

The Friar began in the Abandoned Farm.

The Unworthy began in the Creepy Woods.

Sir Bernard began in the North Alley.

The Freelance began in the South Alley.

A deck of Pinochle cards was used for activation, with each suit belonging to one of the 4 groups. Each time a card was pulled, one figure from that group could activate. It was a test, and I think I should’ve had the card activate the whole warband instead. Oh well! The treasure could be found and gathered on a roll of 6 when in uncontested contact with the broken wagon.

Above are the only photos I took of the game, but to report, let it be known that the Friar had his whole band thoroughly trounced (even though I gave him a kind of morale test that anyone had to make to charge the holy man). Captain Briaheart’s warband was also taken out of action. The freelance just didn’t get to the objective fast enough. Sir Bernard’s pavisier made off with the treasure in the end, it only took their whole party 5 turns to get a six.

I really thought I took more photos. It was a fun game to use most of my 15mm terrain in, and I got to play it sitting on my couch with music on. Well worth it!

Comments

  1. A great looking game and interesting mechanics. Perhaps it was a bit too difficult to get the treasure but you wouldn't want it to be too easy either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun! Would love to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a most enjoyable time., I enjoyed seeing the photos and hearing about it.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment