Plans and Possibilities

  I stumbled across information on the Beast of Gevaudan, a wolf-or-wolf-like animal or group of animals that held a three-year reign of terror in southern France. Below is the Wikipedia article on the topic (I prefer reliable sources, after all):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_of_G%C3%A9vaudan

I found the history surrounding the Beast, the unrelated but contemporary Wolf of Soissons, and information on wolf attacks in 1700's Europe in general to be very interesting and compelling for a game. 




The idea of a group of hunters facing off against a great wolf-like creature and its pack is nothing new, but it could result in a really fun game. I have the resources to play such a game with a medieval flavor, and I'm also working on a set of 54mm musketeers that I could utilize for a 'more' historically accurate game.

Comments

  1. I think this has all the makings of a great game. I enjoyed the film Brotherhood of the Wolf which is indeed based on this story. I look forward to seeing your game and reading about any rules additions you have added.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it makes a fun one! I’ll have to look up that film, it sounds intriguing.

      Delete
  2. There is a set of scenarios based on the legend of the Beast of Gevaudan in Vae Victis Thématiques, issue #3 (Autumn 2008), based on the LOTR ruleset by Games Workshop

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment