Side Project and Some Painting

 My brother 3D printed me some 10mm hobbit (or halfling) militia a few weeks ago. They fit perfectly with my 15’s. Meanwhile, I found a couple of old wooden blocks that don’t go with anything, and I’ve long had the inclination to craft something out of them, so…

I made a Hobbit hole! Here it is alongside one of my hobbit/halfling Stout-codgers, as I’ve named them. I may end up using the block as a base for an actual, realistically crafted hobbit lodging; but for now, I really enjoy the simple and almost cartoon look.

With the other block, I decide to make a watchtower.

Here’s the tower completed with Hobbit and hole.

Next up, inspired by my reading of “Gawain and the Green Knight”, I painted up one of the knights I got for my birthday (my wife is awesome!) as Sir Gawain. Painting a pentacle on a shield of a 15mm figure is not easy, at least for me. I went with grey for his cloak to add some contrast, it would’ve been too much red to do livery on that as well.

Finally, a Perry English Man-at-Arms ready for action with his Lucerne. 1 down, 71 to go! These will be a slow project because they have to be assembled and there’s a lot of drying of different layers of glue and paint. But I’m working on a longbowman right now as well!

Comments

  1. I really like the hobbit hole and watch tower , charming repurposed bricks. The painted figures have turned out really well too. Lots of excellent additions to your gaming.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment