Adventures in Wonderland


We went to see Alice in Wonderland, put on by one of the local high schools last night. My eldest read the book in March, and loved it; since she has a flair for the dramatic we thought the play would be perfect. A really great show with effort and wonderful acting from all the students.

The above photo was the only one I took, as photos and filming were strictly prohibited once the show started. The students took the concept of “what if Alice in Wonderland were a video game” and ran with it. So the story is acted out as if it were a classic video game, with a cute side story of the “players” happening in the living room. The wonderful image on the screen above was created by a student seeking a career in technology,  and it wasn’t static—it was an entire start-screen demo of a video game on loop with several environments showcased, accompanied by 16-bit renditions of classics like “Bohemian Rhapsody” and “Mr. Blue Sky”.

In the gaming world, I’m just having trouble getting anything going. I’ve had a couple of dilly-dallying games in small areas, but nothing is sparking my creative flame.

I really want to play around with my 17th century lads, but I’ve got no desire to paint up more of anything at the moment. And I’d like to play around with medievals, but I don’t feel like setting up the field! It’s quite a predicament. 

By no means am I depressed, in fact, I’m quite happy to say I’ve been taking good care of myself and I’m in great shape physically, mentally, and emotionally. I just have more drive to read and enjoy all of your guys’ escapades on your blogs.

This weekend, the wife and I are going to Medieval Times dinner show, a completely historically in accurate joust and tourney that is absolutely FUN. I haven’t been since I was a kid, so I’m very excited. Maybe it will spark the desire to have a tournament of my own at home! 

I’m going to try to play a close wars-style game this afternoon. I think I’ll break out the heroscape hexes to make setup easy.

Comments