Chainmail Mini-Campaign, Game 2

Above: A small campaign map for the mini-campaign (campaignette?) of my Chainmail/Hauberk/Home Rule play test games. Please pardon the ink smudges, I am left handed.

I’ve decided to give the mini campaign a go, playing off of the last post, and see what Sir Fisher is going to do about the Baroness Irma Vellan’s attempted raid on his farmstead. He heads northwest from his home in L6 to the Capitol at H3, intending to petition the king for justice in this indignation.

Sir Fisher and his men approach the city wall, hailing the gate guards and requesting entry.

But what’s this? Rather than a warm welcome, they find a unit of bill men (not bearing the king’s colors) approaching them menacingly! They take the initiative in combat and charge the bills!

The crossbows turn about-face to rain hell down on Fisher and his men, but can’t seem to find a clear shot in the melee!

After several rounds, the Fisher boys are able to escape back the way they came out gate. It would seem a coup has occurred, and the king is nowhere to be found! A civil war has begun on the fair, if fictional, Isle of Tea!

I also got to test out some of my terrain I made for this project: my wooden block castle pieces. I opted to refrain from drawing or painting cobble lines on them, not just out of laziness, but also endearment. It was in theme with my original plans, and it gave that neo-retro feel that’s circulating around the blogosphere with Mark’s Little Soldiers running rampant!

Comments

  1. Love the city walls! A mini-campaign is a great way to test out your rule-amendments. Looking forward to reading more instalments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I’m definitely looking forward to using the walls alongside other block terrain I’m working on.

      Delete
  2. I like your mini campaign so far, and I love your map. You could combine it with a few of your dungeons and have an interesting cross over wargames/skirmish campaign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a fun idea, maybe I can test out the man-to-man rules in Chainmail. I’m pretty happy with the map, although I will never escape the left-hand smudging…

      Delete
  3. I like seeing different ways of running campaigns on a small figure scale, as I'm thinking of that on my own account. Thanks for this.

    The portable "table" and simple terrain are great, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment