Command Group 1 Painted

 I finished my first command group.

The commander. I went for a “morning star” pattern for the coat of arms. The close-up really exposes all the brush marks…I’m by no means a master painter! Any suggestions for the commander’s name?

The banner man, with a bull on his shield. I decided to make him a Knight vassal of the commander, with his own coat of arms.

Finally, the musician! This sculpt is actually my favorite of the whole pack. I gave him a basic version of the commander’s coat of arms, the idea being that he is a faithful servant of the lord’s house. Although I went with a matte varnish on the previous round of knights, I couldn’t help but go with glossy on this stand for some reason.

All but 1 stand of my figures that I’ve painted, arrayed for battle!

I’m hoping that one day, if I move somewhere with an active gaming club, I could use this army for some of the other games I’ve seen like DBA (or whatever De Bellis range they’d fall into).

A lot more work to do ahead, but I’ll get it if I make it piece by piece.

Comments

  1. These are for Chainmail? I'd always assumed they were 1:1, since they were the forerunner of DnD. I shall have to read the rules, this with Paperboys MIGHT work for getting the kids at work to play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The base rules for Chainmail are 1:20, but the rule book really has 3 separate but interconnected systems: 1:20 battle, Man-to-Man (1:1), and the Fantasy Supplement (which is apparently a source of higher debate as to whether it works 1:20 or is 1:1 only). There’s also rules for sieges, commanders, catapults, etc. For 45 pages it’s a great deal!

      Delete

Post a Comment