Original Edition Ambush!

Everything used in the game, on one tray. That lovely piece of olive felt that makes up the “battle mat” is a single 8 1/2” x 11” sheet that I got for $0.33. My first games were on a green sheet of felt this size, so it feels like home to return to it! The rules used were basics from Original Edition Campaign by Erik Johansson.

Gareth finds himself leading a group of warriors who are lying in wait for a caravan to fall into their trap. 

The horn blows, and they burst forth, winning the initiative roll and taking out a couple of poorly armed peasants. The peasants however, get some very lucky dice rolls, and are fated to defeat 3 of the brigands!

Theored retreats back into the ancient barrow where he and the other bandits had hidden for the ambush. Meanwhile, Gareth fell back down the road to take on the caravan members on his terms. Their plan succeeded, and pictured above we see the remaining peasants fleeing rather than losing their lives for their life’s savings.

Gareth and Theored lead their prizes off the road to their hideout.

I’ve gotta make the heroes of this mini-campaign more heroic. I feel bad when they do bad things! The games will change soon though, when I finish the sub-project of my 15mm project…sneak preview below!

I’ll admit, it’s not a great sneak preview, but I’ll hopefully have more to show next post!!!

Comments