Somewhere in the 17th century…

 A very brief battle report of a very quick ECW skirmish.

A band of troops from Virgil’s Green-socks approach the outskirts of the village. They’re hungry and looking for supplies. They see a musketeer standing guard, but think they’ll be able to handle him quietly and get what they need.

The watchman quickly sets their plans awry, however, shouting alarums and calling for his fellows to meet the foes. In the preliminary fire, a Green Sock pikeman is slain.

The Green Socks advance in a loose order while the Crimson Dandelions,  whose captain took a graze from a  musket ball, form a line at the village edge.

The Dandelions win every roll, including the brief melee between their captain and a Socks pikeman who managed to make it into melee range!

A photo of the Crimson Dandelions, basking in their victory.

It was a fast game using my old mint tin rules. These figures are just so fun to look at, I’m going to need to finish painting them all soon. If this game was a little uninteresting due to its sheer one-sided-ness (I cannot help for whom the dice roll), the next post will be quite different! Stay tuned!

Comments

  1. I'd be interested to know more about these rules; I assumed you were using Chainmail til the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They’re my Altoid tin rules, here’s the link to the last time I rewrote them. I just rolled off for initiative this time, didn’t fuss with a deck of cards. That was more useful in my earlier 1/72 medieval campaign. https://brushandbattle.blogspot.com/2021/11/revised-index-card-rules-most.html?m=1

      Delete

Post a Comment