From the Dim Streets of Minceheim…


A new challenger approaches!


I mixed up some new paint and came out with this wonderful crimson, and I knew the most fitting figure for it would be this Essex knight, with his lovely jupon needing a really textured color scheme.

He saw his first action in a 2v2 play test of the first of two rule sets I’m working on. A man-at-arms and crossbowman for each side, to test out lance rules and continue testing shooting.

The crimson knight found his freshly varnished lance to be devastating to his opponent, and claimed first blood!

~•~

I also play tested my TV dinner rules on a less cluttered board of about 6x8 1/2”. My rules fit neatly adjacent in my tray next to the gaming space, and since they only take up one sheet, they were easy to reference throughout! I’ll be throwing them up here soon for anyone who wants to playtest them or leave snarky comments! Haha!

Here we see that the crimson knight (center) and the foot knight (lower right) have both been stunned, and lose their action for the next turn while they recover! A dangerous predicament.

Turn 4 or 5 found the mounted sergeant knocking his foe out of action and moving to engage the crossbow on the left side of the field, while the crimson knight and his blue-cloaked opponent recoil one another, and the foot knight re-engages the herald at the bottom center of the field.

The game ended with the crimson knight being the lone survivor of the left side team, myself questioning the statistics of armor saves, and a general sense of “this is fun, but I want to roll a little less”.

Comments

Post a Comment