Work begins again!

Due to a lack of supplies, I was forced to halt production on most of my terrain. However, with procurement of some new tools and resources, I’ve begun work again. Above, you can see the muddy streets and sewer of my 5x8” battlefield taking shape.

My wife found some “doll house bricks” on Amazon, and they were intended for my castle walls. However, upon receipt of the pill bottle full of them, I realized they would not be enough. Nonetheless they are perfect for this scale and are going to feature on smaller building and terrain items. The only reason I won’t use them for the caste is cost— $12 for 250 bricks. Still, I highly recommend them if you’ve got the need, they also come in classic brick red, and are actually made of real clay I think!

In other areas of the hobby I’ve been building and painting, experimenting with new techniques, etc.  here’s a Norman milites/knight/13th century sergeant I painted up. I’m very happy with how he turned out.

The rules for 5x8” skirmish are pretty much finished, and should come with my next post. I just want to make sure I’ve proofread the doc a couple of times, because it’s infuriating when I put something out that has one or two typos or misplaced commas. I’m a recovering perfectionist!

Oh, I’m also working on some “big people” (28mm scale), but they’re all still works in progress and very self-conscious about their paint jobs.

Comments

  1. Going in a lot of interesting directions here. I look forward to the skirmish rules.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment