Black Dogs and Bright Torches

Well, one bright torch, at least!

Lack of motivation to enjoy the hobby (or much of anything) has made slow goings. But I’m enjoying my little moments of painting and modeling. I’m working on learning how to sculpt with epoxy putties; my resin casting progress has stalled (but that’s ok); and my writing has slowed.

But it’s okay.

The torchbearer above is a work in progress that I’m excited to take steps on. I’m ignoring the other things in my table unless they interest me in that moment. I’m also working to reconcile my love of bright, glossy toy soldiers with my love of games like Mordheim, that have “grim-dark” themes and settings.

I have a strong desire to run a dungeon crawl game, either an RPG or a Wargame, but there’s not much time on the schedule. In the meantime, I’ve been enjoying mystery shows with my wife, trying to read more, and listening to a lot of good music.

More’s to come, in time. Especially if I can ever get art for FROGMOUTH done! Right now, I’m desperately trying to draw out my ideas for my wife (the resident artist) to turn into something magnificent.



Comments

  1. Hope the black dog stops sniffing around soon. I really like the torch bearer figure and the windmill crested figure. Looking forward to seeing more…
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a look at Four Against Darkness for some solo dungeon delving fun. Looking forward to more of your sculpting projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what lack of motivation is like, but I am going to a convention in a few weeks and hope that'll improve my "pep."

    There are lots of "solo RPG engines" out there, and also journaling prompts. Plenty to find. An AI text generator might help to inspire ideas, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment