A Quick Pic: Hydra

I painted up a dollar store toy monster I’ve had for a few years now. I pilfered it from the kids’ toys when we moved, because it was getting donated otherwise. 

A 15mm Norman battles the twin-headed beast amongst the ruins of an ancient tower.

An in-progress shot of the painting. I tried to go scale by scale. As I painted, I realized that my planned color palette was just a more vibrant version of a much larger scale copy of this toy from my childhood. That’s why I saved this toy, fond memories of his larger cousin eating my toy soldiers!

A side by side comparison of my 15mm Baueda Norman and my hydra. I’m bigger, the toys are smaller, but the hydra is still eating toy soldiers.

Comments

  1. A splendid addition to your gaming, he has painted up very well. I am glad you saved him .
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment