Faith and Blood, but not in Outremer


My oldest and I tried out Outremer: Faith and Blood the other knight. She ran a squire with 3 melee troops, and I ran a knight with two archers.

My daughter’s mounted squire, monk, and Footmen.

My knight with his sneaky bowmen.

We played a basic skirmish scenario, which ended with both of our horses being slain and my knight captured. She ransomed him back to me, for a relatively low price, as we both had very little livres (in game currency), and I bluffed hard.

It’s a great game and could act as the framework for many others.

I’ve also been working on rebasing all of my 15mm medievals, and I turned around 14 stands into 67 individually based figures! At first, I was nervous that the 20mm squares would swallow the minis, but they actually allow them to stand out, especially once flocked.

My goal is to make them more accessible for skirmish gaming, which is obviously my usual focus. I’ve already finished at least a dozen bases that I haven’t gotten pictures of.

Also, as noted in the comments on a previous post, here’s my overworld map for my solo rpg campaign.

And here is my dungeon crawl setup. The party has ascertained that goblins dwell under their castle, and are now hunting the head of the goblin king.

Comments

  1. A nice collection! And having them based individually does not preclude using them for other wargames. What is the distance across each hex in your area map?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly my thoughts re: individual bases. Each hex is approx. 2.5 miles across, so most things are within a day or two’s travel. I like it. Rules-wise, 3 hexes is around a day’s travel for men marching in heavy armor, and my characters are almost ALWAYS in heavy armor. It does make me giggle thinking about it though, knowing that I walked 7.5 miles home from college (unarmored, obviously) in around 2 hours. 3 if I stopped halfway grab food. But I wasn’t watching for goblins and carrying full kit either!

      Delete
  2. I’m hoping to use them more and more, I really enjoy being able to game in a small space, especially since anything out of reach of prying toddler hands is usually small. My children are inconveniently tall babies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment