Thrift Store Finds

 

I got to go to the village thrift store over the weekend, and on top of an Electric Bass amp, I also found a copy of TSR’s Little Big Horn, released in 1976!

It appears to have all the counters and pieces in tact, the previous owner even photocopied the rules in the 1980’s, so I have a copy to read and the original to preserve.  The hex maps take up literal feet (I’ve yet to fully measure them) and look to be without damage!

I also picked up this lovely little Santa who is around 30mm-ish scale. I called him my wizard Santa, so the preschooler also had to get her own (not pictured, he’s in her treasures somewhere). I’m definitely using him for games somehow.

We had a good laugh, I showed my oldest “look at my new wizard for Frostgrave!” She said “cool!” When my wife asked her who he reminded her of, her first thoughts were “Gandalf” and “a dwarf”. Haha!

I’m still working on flocking all my single-based 15mm medievals. But, 3 weeks spent out of state will do that.

Comments

  1. Excellent purchases, I look forward to hearing how the game plays. There is little more satisfying than a good thrift store find. Enjoy!
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the game looks like new! The map could be used for a fictional campaign too. Great find.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment