Dream Come True

This is an original Freelance Knight from Games Workshop’s Mordheim line. His base says GW 1995. This is one of my favorite sculpts, and I’m currently updating the paint job very slowly and carefully. 

He is quixotic, in some sense, a lesser noble trying to prove his worth in the horrors of the city of the damned. His face has all the dashing features of a Schnauzer or a Scottish Terrier. His pose is perfect, it can be interpreted as standing and observing, perhaps sizing up an enemy; or in a relaxed guard, ready to cleave through a foe and put another chip in his lofty blade. There’s a lot of harnessed energy in the stance.

I could keep going on and on, I’ve thought this was the coolest Games Workshop miniature since I was a teenager, I got him at a great price, and now I get to carefully restore him to wield him on the tabletop in all the skirmish games I play.

Our hobby is a lot of fun.

Comments

  1. Lovely figure, so full of character. Looking forward to seeing him in action..
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment