The (Tiny) Battle of Farbend Village

I got myself to play a few solo games tonight, finally. Replaying my old favorite rules and what not. I’ll post about the others later, but this last one was fun. The Farbend Village map came with a paint set I was gifted last year, and has named locations.

It’s intended as a map for an intro DnD session, there’s even an adventure hook on the back. But I took the idea of the 3x3 portable Wargame and ran with it.

The red forces were dug in, with pavisiers in the town hall and Haradin’s farm, while their knights held the old market.

The blue forces prepared their attack from the abandoned mill and the hollow to the southeast. Their goal was to take the old market, then capture the bridge by pincering the red pavisiers at the farm.

What ended up happening was the knights of both sides clashed and died together, then the red pavisiers hunted down their blue counterparts and butchered them in the hollow.

The blue crossbows prevailed, however, and dug victory out of the earth with quarrel and dagger

It was fun and I think I’ll print or draw another local map to use for similar purposes.

Comments

  1. I've found the 3x3 PW system produces fun little games. Great use of the map 👍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment