The Painting Tray and a Question

 


    A view of the painting tray today. Peasant hunters on pennies, troops on square bases. I’ve got wolves for my Beast of Gevaudan scenario I’d like to run, 54mm musketeers, a broken brush (I need to replace it quickly), and a bazooka man who simply ended up there. My goal is to ramp up my 1/72 medieval forces (especially the peasants) as I prep for a game using the rules from my last post

    I'm thinking the goal of the opposing Lances may be to capture a prominent local...who will be represented by a lovely Mary Queen of Scots miniature. This is partially on account of my lack of miniatures depicting nobility that are not in full harness. She will, however, remain unpainted, as I don't think I have the skill to paint her well enough as is appropriate for a lady (even a pewter one!) and because she is one of a handful of precious lead miniatures I acquired as a youngster.

    Finally, would anyone reading happen to have suggestions for reliable merchants of 1/72 medievals? Amazon has a handful of sets (mostly RedBox, which I love) but I'm looking for a place to order something other than two or three Wars of the Roses boxes. Many thanks! I promise I'll have a new battle report out soon, it's been more brush than battle of late!

Comments

  1. Linear B age of Tudors set has lots of useful civilian figures, should be able to find it on eBay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.drumandflag.co.uk/collections/medieval/1-72
    They are a company l have dealt with and are very helpful and efficient.
    I look forward to seeing the figures on the painting tray in action. Your idea for a game sounds great fun indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look like a great company with lots of options, just what I was seeking. I’m just wondering how much shipping will cost out here to the States...only one way to find out!

      Delete
  3. Many of the same sets available from the michigan toy soldier company here in the states. Shipping is around $10 for a $100 order but you can sign up for a 10% discount on the order before shipping (it's free).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment